NHI Medical’s Books, Newsletters, and research papers.
The doctors at NHI Medical have published numerous books, articles, newsletters, and medical papers that are widely considered the gold standard of hair transplant literature.
Hair Loss and Replacement for Dummies
Hair Loss & Replacement For Dummies helps you understand why men and women lose their hair and offers thorough, objective reviews of a wide array of hair replacement options, including hair replacement surgery, prescription and over-the-counter medicinal treatments, hairpieces, natural remedies, and a variety of other options. Written by physicians at NHI Medical.
The Patient’s Guide to Hair Restoration
The Patient’s Guide to Hair Restoration explains in layman’s terms exactly what causes baldness, how it is diagnosed, and which are the best medical and surgical options available today. It describes the state-of-the-art technique of Follicular Unit Transplantation – in the words of the doctors who pioneered it. Read this book and you will understand why Follicular Unit Transplantation is the “Gold Standard” in hair restoration.
Online Medical Publications
This section contains medical publications of NHI Medical, sorted by year, in PDF format. A number of these documents are large and may require additional loading time.
- Combining Follicular Unit Extraction and Scalp MicroPigmentation for the Cosmetic Treatment of Alopecias
- Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP)
- Combining Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) and Hair Transplantation
- Follicular Unit Extraction: Evolution of a Technology
- Scalp MicroPigmentation: A Concealer for Hair and Scalp Deformities
- Phenotype of Normal Hairline Maturation
- Scalp Micropigmentation: Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- Phenotype of Hairline Evolution: Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- Scalp micro pigmentation (SMP): A Novel Application in Hair Loss: Hair Transplant Forum International
- Pre-Making Recipient Sites in FUE Procedures, Hair Transplant Forum International
- New Instrumentation for Three-Step Follicular Unit Extraction
- Graft Anchoring in Hair Transplantation
- Is a Graft a Graft? That is the Question!
- The Art of Repair in Surgical Hair Restoration Part II: The Tactics of Repair
- The Art of Repair in Surgical Hair Restoration Part I: General Aspects of Repair and Basic Repair Strategies
- Donor Dominance Takes a Bow
- Follicular Unit Extraction: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation
- The Scalp Laxity Paradox
- Follicular Unit Graft Yield Using Three Different Techniques
- A New Suture for Hair Transplantation: Poliglecaprone
- In Support of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Limiting Epinephrine in Large Hair Transplant Sessions
- Rapid Fire Hair Implanter Carousel: A New Surgical Instrument for the Automation of Hair Transplantation
- Measurements in Hair Restoration
- Dissecting Microscope versus Magnifying Loupes
- A Neighbor’s View of the “Follicular Family Unit”
- On the Origin of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Standardizing the Classification and Description of Follicular Unit Transplantation and Mini-micrografting Techniques
- Blind Graft Production: Value at What Cost?
- Follicular Transplantation: Patient Evaluation and Surgical Planning
- Aesthetics of Follicular Transplantation
- What is Delayed Growth?
- Are Scalp Reductions Still Indicated?
- Laser Hair Transplantation: Is it Really State of the Art?
- Answered Questions on Hair Restoration
- Follicular Transplantation
- Follicular Unit Transplantation & Megasessions
- Micrografting in Extensive Quantities
Topics include our Extreme Makeover patients, Dr. Rassman’s 2004 Golden Follicle Award, graft anchoring, scar revision, FUE improvements, 2004 ISHRS convention, and patient stories/updates with photos.
Topics include hair cloning, FUE / FOX Procedure, and patient follow-up photos.
Topics include FUE / FOX Procedure, density debate with patient photos, repairing plugs, and new drugs.
Topics include FUE / FOX Procedure, Dutasteride, Propecia results, and Patient’s Guide book.
Topics include electing bald men, laser hair removal, NHI on Good Morning America and Discovery Channel, and AAAHC.
Topics include looking and feeling young, patient stories, new scams, and facelifts.
Topics include Propecia, Viagra, and a patient’s experience.
Topics include ISHRS convention, and cloning hair.
Topics include Carousel implanter, doctor training, Propecia, repair work, microscopophobia, sutures, and The Bald Truth.